Welcome to my webpage. Here I keep and share some of my thoughts and files.
I keep it brief here and post more data (such as favorite links and configs) over here.
The page is hosted on GitLab and is perfectly designed.
Google umí překládat do češtiny.
- Migrated all my git repositories from GitHub to GitLab including this website because of the Micro$oft acquisition. #movingToGitLab #deleteGitHub
- Changed the website style to a minimalist single HTML file. No node.js, no PHP, no frameworks, less is more and life is short. The mind has to be clean.
My name is Miloslav Číž, I was born on 24 August 1990 and I live in Moravia, Earth. I have master's degree in computer science (focused on computer graphics) from FIT BUT.
My online handles are tastyfish, drummy and drummyfish (sometimes also smellyfish, tasty, drumy and other variants). I once looked like this (now more like this). More info about myself can be found here.
I am an idealist pacifist anarcho-communist (a true extreme left) — please read the free as in freedom Anarchist FAQ to learn more. I love all that lives, even those that cause me pain. I've summed up my life philosophy in this manifesto. Some of my unpopular opinions include:
- We should aim for complete unemployment. The whole purpose of progress is to leave all work to machines. People who don't work, for whatever reason, must not be sentenced to death, as is still the case nowadays. Support universal basic income.
- Society mustn't be based on competition.
- Money and markets should be abolished.
- Free speech has to be absolute. Holocaust denial should not be illegal.
- The whole concept of intellectual property is wrong, all information has to be in the public domain.
- Censorship is always wrong, possesion and sharing of any kind of information, including any type of pornography, has to be legal and moral. I agree with Richard Stallman on his views of child sexuality and pornography. Not sharing information has to be immoral.
- War and violence is always wrong. It is better to die than to kill. (#pacifism #nonviolence)
- Proprietary games have to be completely rejected, they are the worst type of proprietary software because people are addicted to it like a drug and look for excuses to make it an exception to free society principles.
- Attribution is overrated and the requirement of attribution (e.g. by a license) is inherently wrong.
- All software, even games, should strictly adhere to the suckless and Unix philosophies.
- Movements such as LGBT, feminism and Antifa are not truly leftist and shouldn't be supported (as explained in the above linked manifesto).
- I don't drink alcohol.
- I don't eat meat. (#vegetarian)
- I am 100 % introverted (INTJ), according to tests.
- I've never had the sense of smell. (#anosmia)
- I am a member of Mensa.
- I can't whistle.
- I am a fast caffeine metabolizer, meaning I can drink coffee before sleep.
- I am not competitive.
- I am suffering from anxiety and depressions (diagnosed AvPD).
- I am a virgin.
- My favorite algorithm is most likely Hough transform.
Contacts and social media:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Some things I like:
- public domain
- social anarchism
- universal basic income
- computer graphics
- computer science
- free culture
- esoteric programming languages
- gore videos (no animals)
- libre video games
- Freedoom (game)
- Karel Kryl
- Linkin Park
- Pulp Fiction
- Chicken Run
- command line
- Creative Commons
- Oggy and the Cockroaches
- Julian Assange
- Project Gutenberg
- Richard Stallman
- David Attenborough
- Jimmy Wales
- Zdeněk Svěrák
- Jára da Cimrman
- hand-painted style
- pixel art
- ASCII art
- plain text
- freedom of speech
- Grammar Nazi
- small guns
- friendship bracelets
- Unix philosophy
- Karel Schwarzenberg
- Václav Havel
- graphic design
- Jiří Grygar
- Eliyahu Rips
- Pope Francis
- Tomáš Halík
Some things I dislike:
- intellectual property
- proprietary software
- bad timekeeping
- productivity cult
- smart devices
- most actors
- the word "koukat"
- the word "coding"
- bad SSAO
- native language ignorance
- TV Nova
- misuse of the word "definition"
- Ashton Kutcher
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- political correctness
- gay marriage/pride
- unsweetened chocolate
- Czech Republic
- Game of Thrones
- traffic violation
- most taxi drivers
- anything with "Unity" in its name
Here is a highlight of projects I made or contributed to. Many are unfinished and/or have flaws, but are part of my history.
For all projects see my contacts.
- OpenMW contrib.
- Game engine rewrite that taught me collaboration on a big codebase.
- C 3D software rasterizer for resource-limited computers.
- C raycasting engine for resource-limited computers.
- Bombman (GH)
- 99% finished Bomberman game clone.
- Mage-Rage (GH)
- Early game of mine, won first prize in a competition.
- Steamer Duck (GH)
- School project game made with Python.
- Tower defense game for Arduboy.
- small book reader
- Simple portable book reader.
- OpenMF (GH)
- Co-founded the project, am no longer active but learned a lot.
- Haskell game (GH)
- Ray casting FPS ASCII game I made to learn Haskell.
- ptdesigner (GH)
- Procedural texture library and tool made for my bachelor's thesis.
- My first rendering engine, a lot of valuable experience.
- Master's thesis work, demonstration of rendering of non-planar mirrors.
- Non-Competitive Society
- Text I have writte about my life philosophy, political opinions and an ideal society.
- Thesis DB (GH)
- Big database of Czech computer science theses.
- videos (YT)
- Videos I've made over the years.
- OGA art
- Various public domain game art I made that taught me many skills.
- WM Commons files
- Files I have created for Wikimedia Commons.
- Wikipedia contributions
- My contributions to Wikipedia.
- Minetest texture pack
- High-res hand-painted public domain texture pack for Minetest.
- Personal website, taught me a lot about web design over the years.
- Wave Simulator
- SoL Simulator
- GitViz (GH)
- Simple script to make animations of a Git repository file.
- 3D MIDI drum visualizer.
- distr. ray tracer
- School project, distributed ray tracer.
- ASM Minesweeper
- School project, minesweeper written in assembly and WINAPI.
- GUX Fractals
- School project, renders fractals.
- PokiPad & LILIDE
- Moddable text editor for Pokitto, plus a version with LIL interpreter.
- Brutal Sudoku
- Very early (high school) Pascal program for solving sudoku.
- Panda RPG
- Unfinished 3D RPG.
- Chess, high school graduation project.
- Procedural music generator.
- Simple musical instrument controlled with mouse, in Python.
Free (as in Freedom) Software, Free Culture, Suckless Software
I greatly support free culture,
public domain and information freedom. I am against copyright and the concept of
intellectual property. I live these ideals and contribute to free culture, mainly by
programming games and creating various kinds of art, both of which I contribue to
public domain under CC0.
I furthermore very much support suckless software,
countercomplexity, technology minimalism,
Unix philosophy and their strict application
to all technology.
Here is a list of software I am currently using:
- operating system
- GNU Debian (ensures free data packages, unlike GNU)
- dwm, Xfce
- text editor
- LaTeX, LibreOffice
- Internet Browser
- Waterfox, AdNauseam (blocks and clicks ads), Lynx
- bitmap graphics editor
- GIMP, imagemagick, GMIC
- vector graphics editor
- 3D editor
- video editor
- Blender, ffmpeg
- audio editor
- music editor
- screen recording
- Simple Screen Recorder
Due to my issues with anxiety an depression and unwillingness to support unethical behavior I have a hard time making enough money for living. I spend my free time
by creating free (as in freedom) public domain software and art, for the benefit of all. If you think I deserve food, you can support me via
BitCoin (1B2ArVZCgSB3Yjsd93bbrao9xGCtcNjF5V) or PayPal. Thank you.
In this section I keep files from my old websites.
- This folder holds the many articles I have written, including my study summaries, my transition to Linux, status updates etc.
- This is what the previous website looked like.
The webpage has been changing over the years. I started at high school with plain HTML, later
added some PHP and CSS. I always made my own graphics and reworked the web several times.
When the PHP code became bloated, I switched over to Wordpress,
and after that to Pelican (the source is still
available here). After that I am
back to HTML. The circle is complete.
This page is released under CC0 1.0. This page uses Aileron CC0 font (if loaded properly).